Puja uses her experience in consumer research to peel away the people-centric aspects of multi-dimensional nutritional challenges and improve strategy, solutions, and communications at Sight and Life.
Influenced by a childhood spent moving as a family to new places and consumed by the need to give back to the world we take so much from, Puja decided to work in the social impact sector and leverage her curiosity about new people, places, and cultures at Sight and Life. She believes that learning is the easiest way to challenge oneself and works hard at keeping her mind and heart as curious as it was when she was five.
- Core functions: Consumer research, social marketing, demand generation, branding.
- Core areas of interest: Agriculture, food, maternal and child nutrition, health, entrepreneurship, women empowerment, and gender studies.
- Core areas of research: Demand generation with a consumer-centered focus.
- Approach to work: Building capacity within local partners/ teams and staying fiercely committed to the consumer perspective.
- Core qualifications: Post Graduate Diploma – Films and TV Production; Graduate Degree with Honors in English Literature with Psychology.
- Past organizations: Disney, Quantum Consumer Solutions, NielsenIQ, Epsilon (Publicis Groupe).
- Past achievements: Branding eggs from Sight and Life’s first ever Egg Hub and creating demand for the same; branding and marketing strategy for the first ever MMS product in Bangladesh; positioning for an alternative protein brand; positioning and marketing strategy for India’s top FMCG, e-commerce and automobile brands; using machine learning (digital ethnography) to build consumer segments for telecom sector; managing and mentoring teams.
- Global footprint: India, USA, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda.