Search
Generic filters
Published Year
Country
Resource Hub
Select all
Magazines
Annual Reports
Articles
Blogs
Podcasts
Videos
Webinars
Single Video
Search
Generic filters
Published Year
Country
Resource Hub
Select all
Magazines
Annual Reports
Articles
Blogs
Podcasts
Videos
Webinars
Single Video

Back to the Future with the Global Goals

  • PREVIEW
  • READ ARTICLE
  • OPEN PDF

ISSN

Why do we have agriculture? When addressing audiences of agricultural policy-makers, I sometimes begin by asking the group to raise their hands and vote for what is more important to them personally: their health or their income? Ninety-nine percent, of course, quickly indicate that their health is more important to them than their income. Then I ask them: In your profession, if you were Minister (even Dictator) of Agriculture, what would drive your decisions – the role of agriculture to provide incomes and jobs, or the role of agriculture to provide food to eat, and so adequate nutrition, and so a healthy nation? There is some hesitation (I presume due to their answer to the first question),but 80 percent vote for incomes and jobs, and the remaining 20 percent appear confused; many do not vote at all.

Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.

Key Details

Year 2015
Authors Howarth Bouis
Language English
Keywords
DOI https://doi.org/10.52439/DACM6625
DOI Number 10.52439/DACM6625
ISBN
ISSN

For all devoted to nutrition.

Discover the science behind nutrition and our latest initiatives for a promising tomorrow.​

Register Now

You have successfully Registered to the Event

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Sight and Life will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.