Sight and Life acts as the key knowledge partner on the subject of workplace nutrition as part of a unique public-private engagement (PPE) called Impact4Nutrition (I4N). The first priority of the I4N platform is to promote nutrition in the workplace, bringing together diverse businesses and curating ideas and tools to contribute to the improved nutrition of all stakeholders in their ecosystem.
In India, the partnership works to support the government’s National Nutrition Mission through a unique public–private engagement called IMPAct4Nutrition (I4N). I4N is a first of its kind brand-agnostic platform that has already engaged 200 private sector companies from all over India to make commitments toward improving workplace nutrition and integrating nutrition into corporate social responsibility programs. The platform was awarded the 2020 UNICEF global Inspire Award in the category of “Best Multistakeholder Partnership”.
The Indian Government’s flagship nutrition program POSHAN Abhiyaan – aimed at improving the nutritional status of children, adolescents, pregnant women and lactating mothers, requires the active participation of a large stakeholder base.
The Government recognizes the power of the private sector as a driver for economic growth, its vast reach and scale as an enabler for impactful change. To convene and catalyze this PPE, I4N was launched by a diverse network of partners including UNICEF, Sight and Life, CSRBox, Tata Trusts and the Confederation of Indian Industries.
The platform aims to promote collective responsibility and meaningful exchange between businesses, so they can help build a movement to support POSHAN Abhiyaan. As the primary knowledge partner, Sight and Life leads national and global advocacy efforts in workplace nutrition, and has also created a cohesive visual identity for the multi-stakeholder I4N platform. Discover more in our Action in Brief.
Key Facts & Figures
- Government of India data indicates that undernourishment is currently responsible for an annual loss in adult incomes of 22 percent and an annual GDP loss of some 11 percent.
- In response to the common pain point of a lack of simple and actionable nutrition messaging for employees, I4N created ‘The Ten Commandments of Nutrition – For You and Your Family,’ which is divided into two segments, one addressing the employee directly and one for the employee’s family and children.
- The Nutrition Kiosk has been developed as the single point of access for the workforce, providing all the information and advice they need on good nutrition.
- 19 big companies have pledged to actively spread the message of good nutrition and health at the workplace.
- The I4N platform is already reaching a combined workforce of nearly 100,000 employees and their families in India.