Prior to joining Sight and Life in 2018, Priyanka cofounded two start-ups. One in agriculture sector, where she worked on streamlining the supply chain for vegetables and medicinal plants; and other in healthcare sector, focused on medical devices. Before that, she worked as an associate with Nancy Barry Associates, where she handled multi-stakeholder projects across various states in India impacting lives of millions of farmers. It involved project development and management, market research and strategy and strategic alliances and partnerships.
As a food and agribusiness professional, she has worked on various projects from development to implementation. She has worked extensively with farmers, state governments, corporates like UPL, Monsanto, NSL, JISL, and ~40 development organizations in Africa and Asia. Priyanka has structured projects based on market analysis, streamlined the supply chain involving various stakeholders.
- Core functions: Project management, product development, market research, stakeholder management and business model development
- Core areas of interest: Social innovations, women entrepreneurship
- Approach to work: Collaborative, detail oriented, and organized.
- Core areas of research: Food system, climate smart solutions
- Core Qualifications: Agricultural Sciences, Management
- Past organizations: Nancy Barry Associates, co-founded two start-ups.
- Past achievements: Impacted lives of ~10 million farmers in India.
- Global footprint: Apart from India, have worked on value chain assessment and project implementation across Asia and Africa