Walter has worked at big corporates such as Credit Suisse in Zurich and Swatch in Tokyo and Seoul. He has been a financial advisor for government projects and was Finance Director of the 6th Swiss National Exhibition Expo 02, a public-private venture. He has spent the last decade and more as CFO and Delegate of the Board of the international jewellery and luxury goods manufacturer, FJD Feine Juwelen Distributions AG, located in Schaffhausen, where he continues to live today. His most recent business venture was as co-owner and CEO of a jewelry group.
Walter’s education has a foundation in history and economics, but he eventually leant towards finance, doing his MSc in Finance and Accounting from London School of Economics and, later, adding an Executive Program for Growing Companies from Stanford.
He speaks German, English and French, and understands Spanish. He spent his formative years in the Swiss countryside where nutrition and food systems were entwined with his life, as his family owned a flour and feed mill business. This developed a passion for nutrition in the early years, which also became his motivation to join Sight and Life and its mission.
- Core functions: Finance and Accounting, Business Controlling, Funding, Organizational Development
- Core areas of interest: Providing backbone to operations, structure funding, assure reflection of business reality in financial figures.
- Core qualifications: Attended the Executive Program for Growing Companies at Stanford University in Palo Alto, USA. Holds an MSc in Finance and Accounting from the London School of Economics in the UK and a Lic. phil. hist. from the University of Bern (history and economics).
- Past organizations: Entrepreneur and Consultant, the 6th Swiss National Exhibition Expo.02, The Swatch Group Ltd., Credit Suisse
- Past achievements: Finance Director of the 6th Swiss National Exhibition Expo.02: a public-private venture, where he assured the successful completion of this large public venture in given cost structures. Built up a new watch company within Swatch Group successfully together with management colleague. Positioned own jewelry company as design and service leader internationally.